NetView for NT non-ip devices

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView for NT non-ip devices
From: "Frank W. Hansen" <fhansen@ENTERPRISEINNOVATIONS.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:17:27 -0600
Greetings.  I am running NT 4.0 SP4 NetView 5.1.1.  I have discovered the
NIC card of my Compaq GigaSwitch with OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.36.2.15.3.3.  I did
however expect to see additional non-IP interfaces.  I have the oid_to_type,
oid_to_sym and the mib definition file.  From the documentation I believe
there should be a binary located in /usr/ov/bin named noniptopod.  I have
the lrf "noniptopod.lrf" but this does nothing for me without the noniptopod
binary.  Ok, so I've been beating around the bush here.  How do you get
NetView for NT to discover non-IP devices.

Best Regards,

Frank W. Hansen
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant
www.EnterpriseInnovations.com