Re: Trap Processing

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Trap Processing
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:46:20 -0500
In a ruleset. when a pre-defined node isn't available to do what you want, then
you can write your own script or program and use an Action node to have it
execute.   Here's an example from another user:

     Subject:      Re: Sending emails from the ruleset editor

     I would suggest using a script file to send your e-mail message.

     This is the line I usually use:

     echo "message" | mailx -s "subject" user@id

     Cheers,

     Alvin Kienming Liau
     IBM Worldwide Government Industry

You can use the $NVxxxx environment variables to say whatever you want in the
message.

OR you could do the same thing from an automatic action for a trap and not use a
 ruleset at all,
but there you would reference the variables as $x.  See the man page on
trapd.conf for  details on that.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Clay David (rti1dwc)" <rti1dwc@ISMD.UPS.COM> on 12/16/99 12:11:14 PM