Re: Symbol label

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Symbol label
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:52:46 -0500
Well, I for one have never relied on edited labels, although I am ashamed
to say I have never contacted support about it. The method just seems too
labor-intensive to use, so I don't care if it works. Instead, I make sure
that name
resolution on the device is correct, so the device label is automatically
reflected on the map, and then, if I want to give it further meaning, I cut
and
paste the device (router and networks, for example) into a Location Icon
which
I then endow with that  further meaning by giving it a good Label and
matching
Selection Name.

Detroit

AIX 4.3.2
Netview 5.1
Framework 3.6.1

 I recently modified some of the labels on  symbols on several maps.  I
left the original text that Netview put there when discovered and added
some text for additional info.  However, the text I am adding is not
always being saved in all cases.  Some of the maps will keep the changes
and some will lose them.  On other maps some of the symbols will keep
the changes while others lose them.  Does anyone have any ideas?

John Mayeur
Network Engineer