Re: Cabletron SSR 8000

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cabletron SSR 8000
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 15:03:43 -0500
Here's an append from June - maybe this is your problem too?

Detroit

>Re: Hub gets deleted after sucessful snmp query??
>
>FYI  I found the problem.   I had an idea it had something to do with
>the physical address of the device snmp returned.  I looked at the
>netmon options via the Netview Desktop pulldown options.  I read the
>HELP on (Ignore source route bit in physical address) and it
>specifically mentioned that if you had Cabletron devices to set this to
>"YES".  That made everything work.
>
>Thanks for all the help.  CASE CLOSED
>
>Jeff Fitzwater
>Princeton University
>

> > Problem:
> >
> > I have a Cabletron hub that gets deleted within seconds of being
> > discovered or added via LOADHOSTS.
> >
> > 1. I am running Netview 5.1.1 on Solaris.
> >
> > 2. I have no specific entry in SNMPCONF for the hub.
> >
> > 3. The default SNMPCONF community is public and NODE DOWN DELETE
> > INTERVAL is 52w.
> >
> > 4. The hub gets loaded and stays, if I don't let it get discovered via
> > SNMP (Change default community to "junk").
> >
> > 5. Once the Hub is discovered by only ICMP, I then change the SNMPCONF
> > default community back to public and do a demand poll.  The device goes
> > through the following events and gets deleted as you can see.   I can
> > repeat this at will.  It makes no difference if I give it a specific
> > SNMPCONF entry.
> >
> > 6.  The oid_to_type is set to H for HUB.
> >
> > 7.  I do know that all the hubs that act this way have the sane agent
> > code but why does Netview delete them?

Hello Guys,

I have a Cabletron SmartSwitch Router 8000 with 2 VLAN's configured.

I'm using Netview v4.1.2, and the device does not appear in the map.
Each interface appear in object database, but not in topology database.

If I add the device manually, after a while Netview "deletes" the device...

Some suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Claudio Medeiros
cmedeiro@pobox.com