Re: Monitoring Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Monitoring Question
From: Richard Reed <Rick_Reed@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:28:09 -0500
Actually, there is a way to accomplish this OUTSIDE the NetView web interface,
but using the NetView web server.  It involves a bit of scripting and a
conversion utility.  Here are the basics:

1.  Create the graphs

Use the xnmgraph utility to create the graphs in "print-only" mode.  This will
save the graph to disc in *.xwd format.

2.  Covert the graph images to *.gif format

There is a neat conversion utility from "Handmade Software" called "Image
Alchemy" which will convert the *.xwd file to a *.gif format.

http://www.handmadesw.com/

3.  Place the *.gif images in /usr/OV/web/httpd/htdocs/

You can then place the *.gif graph file in /usr/OV/web/httpd/htdocs/ directory
on the NetView server, where they can be accessed by a web browser.

4.  Create the "html" page to reference the image file(s).

Drop me a note directly if you'd like more details.

Rick Reed
Tivoli Services
rick.reed@tivoli.com

Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM> on 01/06/2000 09:22:48 AM