Re: Netview Client/Server configuration with DCE security

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview Client/Server configuration with DCE security
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 07:43:22 -0500

Failed how?

Aren't you the same Mr. Barnouin who has several PMRs open on DEC secuirty and
NetView?
Didn't we just send you an efix for some of them?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Luc Barnouin <luc.barnouin@FR.AIRSYSATM.THOMSON-CSF.COM> on 01/11/2000 07:19:36
AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU

Does anyone has experience on configuring Netview on Digital Unix (True64)
platform, with security (based on DCE layer) activated?

Our current configuration and experience is :

- Digital Unix 4.0d
- Netview 5.1.2
- DCE 2.1

Netview server and DCE server on the same box, local Netview GUI => OK
Netview server and Netview client on separate boxes with security disabled => OK

Netview server and Netview client on separate boxes with security enabled =>
Failed (in configuring DCE correctly)

Luc BARNOUIN
OASYS Supervision Team
Tel: +33 1 40 84 12 40