Re: NetView and Lotus Notes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView and Lotus Notes
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:32:19 -0500
Mark is right, of course, and it may be easier than you think, if things are
properly set up already.
It is not NetView itself which will be sending these messages but rather the
mail function on AIX, which you could call from a script or the automatic action
in a trap or a ruleset in NetView.

Try this at the command line of your AIX box and see what happens.

     echo  "hello world"  |   mailx  -s "mail from NetView host"   <userid.dest>

where <userid.dest> is your Lotus id and address   (e.g. mine is:
james.shanks@tivoli.com  )
If all is well, you should get it into Lotus.  I do.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Mark van Kerkwyk <kerkwyk@COMTECH.COM.AU> on 01/11/2000 03:50:08 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>