FW: problem logging trapd data to SQL db

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: FW: problem logging trapd data to SQL db
From: Christo Burger <christob@absa.co.za>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 15:04:27 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Christo Burger [mailto:christob@absa.co.za]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2000 10:50 AM
To: Netview submissions
Subject: problem logging trapd data to SQL db

I have a problem with the trapd.log_Maint script. I followed the required
steps described in the Database Guide Chapter3 but the data is not archived
automatically. I let it run for a number of days but still no change.

It works okay if I run it manually using the script traptosql. I checked
/usr/OV/log/dblog file and found only the entries of the manual actions.

It looks like netview is executing the trapd.log_Maint script, see below:

-rw-r--r--   1 root     bin      3553936 Jan 10 10:14 trapd.log
-rw-r--r--   1 root     bin      4194370 Jan 08 07:09
trapd.log.2000008070902

We are running TME10 Netview 5.1.1 with Oracle 7.3.4 on AIX4.3.2.

What else can I do to rectify this problem?

Christo Burger
Tel: +2711 3506480
Fax: +2711 3506228