Re: Segments not being displayed properly via browser

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Segments not being displayed properly via browser
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:53:56 -0500
I've seen it sometimes where a small segment is just arranged funny -
all of the nodes piled on top of each other, for instance - while the IP
Internet map is pretty ok. It seems to be an issue with the browser and
the PC, not the server. Whenever I see that, I ask the customer to try
it from another box. And I always verify that it works properly with
Netscape on the AIX server first, because that usually has the most
resources available. I believe most of these 'quality' variations to
be resource-related.  I am always able to find one PC at the customer
site from which the browser works well, and then I say 'See? It worksQ!'

Detroit

Why are certain subnets being viewed via the browser skewed/not centered
?   They look fine on Netview but not on the browser ?

NV 5.1.2, AIX 4.3.  Any suggestions ???
Muni Chatarpal
Senior Network Systems Consultant
NetCare® Professional Services
Lucent Technologies
Houston Office: (713) 781-0300 Ext 122
EMail: munic@lucent.com
EMail Pager:page_muni_chatarpal@ins.com

Valid PGP Fingerprints:
748E AA69 16BD 316D BA7E  72B6 904F 58E1 42D6 D79C