Re: Filtering Rulesets

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Filtering Rulesets
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:51:53 -0500
The web browser shows you all rulesets in /usr/OV/conf/rulesets.  Four are
shipped with NetView as standard:
Default.rs  --  which is just a blank template used to create new rulesets and
will do nothing if selected
forwardall.rs  --  this is the one to use -- shows all events
sampcorrIdIu.rs --  sample Interface Down / Interface Up  correlation example
sampcorrNdNu.rs --  sample Node Down / Node  Up  correlation example

sampcorrNuNd.rs  and sampcorIuId.rs are sample rulesets described in Chapter 5
of the NetView Adminstrator's Guide (where they are referred to as just
"corrNuNd.rs" and "corrIuId.rs" without the "samp" prefix, which was added after
the books were printed to help distinguuish them as samples, at the request of
early testers).  They are primarily used in the X GUI to remove Node Down and
Interface Down events from the event display if a matching Node Up or Interface
Up was received within ten minutes of the down event.  I have never tried them
in the web browser, so I don't know how well they work there.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Muni Chatarpal <munic@LUCENT.COM> on 01/20/2000 04:02:53 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>