Re: Simple agent

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Simple agent
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:35:20 -0600
Bob,

You can do something quick and dirty - just using symbols and shell scripts to
do what you want.  There are a set of utilities that are refferred to in the
Redbook: Examples of Using NetView for AIX.

You can create a symbol for an object, and set the status of it - all using
C programs.  Once the symbol is created, you can set the status of it with an
snmptrap command.  The utility is called wteuiap6.  You can find it listed in
the redbook.

The redbook is found here:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/gg244327.html

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management