Re: nvserverd TEC events

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvserverd TEC events
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 08:16:23 -0500

What you are really asking about are TEC console options.  I know basically how
they work, but not being a TEC guy, I cannot tell you where to go change them.
Your TEC people should know how to chnage this.  If your are the TEC person, or
they do not know, then I suggest you ask a version of your question on the
Tivoli forum which handles TEC questions. Have a look at
http://www.tivoli.isis2000.com/lists.html

My understanding is that by default the TEC console does not display CLOSED
events.  The  original event, nvserverd ending, was sent with a status of OPEN.
So it displays on the TEC user console.  When the matching event, nvserverd is
now using the new rule, is received, the original event is matched and set to
CLOSED status.  I think, but I am not sure, that this is a basic rule in your
TEC rulebase.  There are console defaults somewhere which the administrator can
set  which basically say "remove all closed events from the display" and "don't
show the harmless ones".  As I say, you will have to go do digging in TEC to
find out how to change these settings.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Eva-Maria Fettig <efettig@HAITEC.DE> on 02/01/2000 10:50:30 AM