Re: noniptopology

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: noniptopology
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 12:30:09 -0500
The Programmer's Guide itself has examples of these traps, doesn't it?  They
appear under "Using the Trap Interface", "Trap Interface Example"  later in the
book.

I myself am not a user of nonipotopology so I cannot advise you on how to use
these traps to build an application. And keep in mind that these APIs were
specifically developed for  professional  or talented application developers who
did have a compiler. There is a sample application discussed in the IBM redbook,
"Examples of Using NetView for AIX", GG24-4327-00, in a section on Open
Topology.  This book is written for NetView Version 3, but that API has not
changed.   They also have some sample programs that will require compilation,
and after you read what they do,  you may decide to get a compiler.

   You can see this book at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/

Perhaps if you describe again in detail what you are trying to do, other users
may be able to help.  All I remember is that you wanted to know why the 58916871
status trap did not affect object status in the object database.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Alejandro Mechoulam <amechoul@BMA.COM.AR> on 02/02/2000 11:56:14 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>