Re: patches/fixes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: patches/fixes
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 14:36:25 -0500
Daniel, your Nways is V1.2.2. Nways was refreshed at V1.2.3, which you
might try ordering through your network marketing rep. I don't know for
sure,
but I don't think there was a charge for that. Then there is V2, for which
there is
a charge. Either way it is basically an uninstall and reinstall of the
Nways
product. It is not just a matter of updating some filesets.

Your AIX was at 4.2.1 with the latest maintenance as of 11/98. If you have
not maintained it since, you could call AIX support and ask for the
recommended
maintenance for 4.2.1 since that date. That should be safe and easy to put
on.

Detroit

I've just completed a 5.1 to 5.1.2 patch for TME10 NetView and was
wondering
if there is are any patch out there for Nways that I need to get?

This is our current version:

nwaysmgr.jma
                  1.1.2.0   COMMIT       COMPLETE     12/03/98     14:27:18

  nwaysmgr.jma.msg.En_US
                  3.3.2.0   COMMIT       COMPLETE     12/03/98     14:27:15

And what would be other related filesets that I might need to update as
well?

TIA,

Daniel