[Fwd: Re: snmpdx agent on Solaris]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [Fwd: Re: snmpdx agent on Solaris]
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 20:21:26 +0000
I am trying to better understand the snmpdx agent on Solaris (this
happens to be 2.7).  I have setup /etc/snmp/conf/snmpd.conf and think I
have mirrored these details in snmpdx.acl.

My new read-write community name seems to work on read-write variables
down the snmpdx subagent mib-tree but I cannot change sysContact as per
the NetView course exercise.

Also, I am seeing NO traps from my Solaris system.  Can anyone comment
on whether the trap statement in snmpdx.acl specifies traps to INCLUDE
or EXCLUDE - my documentation is conflicting.  Further, the
trap-recipient statement in the sample snmpdx.acl file throws a syntax
error.

If you have a working example, I would much appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Jane

--
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant & Instructor
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565