Re: web access

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: web access
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 15:15:25 -0500
There is no other way with V5. Netview security is the method
provided. It has been asked here several times and no one has
come up with a way to modify the underlying appache server to
do this (although it seems to me, in my ignorance, that there should
be a way..). My usual recommendation is "don't tell anyone it is there"
if you don't want to turn on Netview security. An for those who do\
know it is there, tell them to be careful what they acknowledge.

Detroit
The system:  is an rs6000-240 320 Mbytes RAM running Netview 5.1.2 and AIX
4.2.1

The question: what is the easiest way to control access to browse the
netview server without turning security on. I'll like to restrict who is
browsing the server by an id/passwd; perhaps a unix id or something like
that. I do not want to turn security on as us and the operators are the
only accessing the server and we have it fairly secured.

Thanks in advance.

.
Jorge A Jiles
Network Analyst