Re: XYLAN traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: XYLAN traps
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:50:25 -0500
I don't know about further documentation which would explain the traps, but
everything you need to see to define them is given to you in the event card (or
trapd.log) which says "NO FMT FOUND".  You should see the enterprise id, the
specific and generic trap ids, and all the variables.    All that has to happen
is that they send one to you.

If you want more info, I would suggest looking on the web for the XYLAN web site
and see about getting their MIB.  Usually there is more about a vendor's traps
in there, and if you get the right one, you can use mib2trap to define the traps
for you more quickly.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Ziyad Choudhury <ziyad@US.IBM.COM> on 02/07/2000 11:55:58 AM