Re: How to convert email to trap

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How to convert email to trap
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:14:47 -0500
I would do it this way:

1) Set up an account on AIX to receive the mail
2) Define the trap to NetView (one of NetView's user traps would do)
3) Create a $HOME/.forward file for this special account which would execute
a script to parse the mail and issue a snmptrap command to send the trap
with appropriate info to NetView

Feel free to get with me offline if you need some help with this.

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Phone - (423)-229-3579
Fax - (423)-229-1188