Re: Antw: Fixed scale with xnmgraph

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Antw: Fixed scale with xnmgraph
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:03:42 -0500
It will scale to the highest value collected. So I wonder if you could get
it to
also collect the interface speed? It might not, due to the datatype,but you
might be able to fool it with mib.coerce.........

Detroit

Hi Andy,

there is only one possibility: View your graph, then export the data to an
ascii-file (File... -> Save as ...) and edit the file. Add a new Line with
the desired Y-value and an x-value at the start and end of your x-axis,
then graph the data again. Very simple, if you have to produce a lot of
graphs every day, you won't have any time left for your daily work.....

When I was still working with DaimlerChrysler we had the same request two
years ago, but no help from IBM, though the company DaimlerChrysler isn't
very small. I offered them to give me the source code for xnmgraph, so I
would realize this funktion, but the request was denied...  ;-)

Michael Seibold

>>> Andy Mindnich <MINDNICH@DE.IBM.COM> 10.02.2000  13.02 Uhr >>>
Hello,
is there a way to have a fixed y-axis scale in a xnmgraph plot?
For example a fixed range of 10Mbps for interface traffic measuring?
I haven t found any parameter in the manpage, that would do such
a scaling.

Thanks

     Andy Mindnich

the system manager.