Re: Mass change to BADOIDs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Mass change to BADOIDs
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:53:06 -0500
Larry, there is a log of some sort created that is basically a set of
updates to the
oid_to_type file. You have to complete the information in that file and
then append
it to the oid_to_type file. They really are trying to help you out with
that report. Then
you can delete and rediscover the nodes. You can delete them from any place
that you can get a grip on them, as long as you delete 'from all' submaps.
 I cannot tell you off hand where they put that log file, but I would look
in \usr\OV\log.

Membership in the bad oids collection is based on having a bogus, made-up
oid that Netview substituted for the unrecognized one. At rediscovery it
recognize
the oid.

Detroit

Is there a shortcut or quick way to change hundreds of BADOIDs?

And, if I have to go through editing the oid_to_type file and do a
re-discovery,
Can I delete those BADOID objects at the Smartset or does it have to be
at the IP Internet map?

Thanks for ANY help!!!

Larry