Re: SNMP Processing Error

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SNMP Processing Error
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:20:08 -0500
Well, I am guessing.  But if I am correct, the demand poll returned some piece
of data which had a tag on it of type 64 when it should be a type of 2.  And ASN
types are tagged in hex, with 2 (same as x'02') being an integer, and 64 (x'40')
being an IP Address.  So offhand, I'd say the agent returned  some piece of data
to netmon, which was expecteing to get an integer value and it got an IP Address
instead.

My advice?  Turn on netmon trace and do it again.  Also get an snmpwalk of the
device.  And call Support.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Brad Martin <bmartin@METLIFE.COM> on 02/16/2000 01:43:26 PM