Re: SNA Manager

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SNA Manager
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:37:28 -0500
If your VTAM guys are familiar with the old GMF (graphical monitor
facility) for
host netview that ran on an OS/2 interface, then you can tell them that the
SNA Manager/6000 product was a port of that product to the AIX platform. It
has a kind of wierd navigation to it, different from the navigation of the
IP
Internet topology. I have not been called upon to install it in a few
years,
but there are still some people out there using it.

Detroit

SNA Manager is product number  5765-233-00  and information should be
available
from any IBM/Tivoli marketing office.
You might also visit the IBM home pages and search there.
Basically, you have to install AIX Comm Server so you have SNA support on
the
AIX box, and your AIX box  must be connected to the SNA network as an
independent LU (your VTAM guys will know what that means).  Then the VTAM
definitions at the 390 are run through a conversion program and downloaded
the UNIX box to be used to make the maps.  From then on, VTAM status is
forwarded to the AIX NetView box and the map icons are updated in a fashion
similar to what Netview does.  The SNA map is another NetView map.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Michael Bock <MJBock@DSTSYSTEMS.COM> on 02/17/2000 03:11:28 PM

NetView