Using NetView API/libs from perl

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Using NetView API/libs from perl
From: Michael Gutteridge <mikeg@HALCYON.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 08:07:29 -0800
Heya

I'd been looking at writing some custom code for an implementation I'm
doing for a customer.  Some of the NetView API calls are very nice
for some miscellaneous tasks.  However, for a variety of reasons, I'm
reluctant to get into writing a C program (reasons like, I don't know C!)

One thing I came across was the Perl XS module
(http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/manual/html/pod/perlxs.html) , which,
according to the introduction:

     XS is a language used to create an extension interface between Perl
     and some C library which one wishes to use with Perl. The XS
     interface is combined with the library to create a new library which
     can be linked to Perl. An XSUB is a function in the XS language and
     is the core component of the Perl application interface

Anyone done this?  Have a similar method of doing this?  Thoughts about
the wisdom of this?

Thanks

--
Michael Gutteridge                              mikeg@halcyon.com

"Better beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear."
  -Aesop, The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse