Re: snmpCol.trace error

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmpCol.trace error
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 10:26:32 -0500
Steve, are you  sure the compaq agent is running on that target system?
That agent is what knows the answer to the question (disk space on C) that
you are asking. The regular snmp agent on NT knows the answer to the
sysname question.

Detroit

I am getting the following error message in my snmpCol.trace log:

Fri Mar 03 15:31:25 2000 : SNMP to notes_1.ficint.com for MIB variable

.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.compaq.cpqHostOs.cpqHoComponent.cp

qHoFileSys.cpqHoFileSysTable.cpqHoFileSysEntry.cpqHoFileSysPercentSpaceUsed.

0
    (error-index #2) returned: The variable does not exist or is read only.
    Deferring SNMP of diskCused.0 on
    notes_1.ficint.com 15 minutes (0.25 hours).  Consecutive deferral #25.
    send event (via snmpCollect -C <NODE>) to retry sooner.

I re-fire the snmpCollect -C notes_1.ficint.com and it gives me the same
thing.
I know my Community Name is correct `cause I can set sysName.
Other systems are using this same MIB variable with no problems.
Any suggestions?

TIA
Steve Stamper
Grand Rapids, MI