Automounting client directories

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Automounting client directories
From: Michael Gutteridge <mikeg@halcyon.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 12:27:20 -0800
Hi

Does anyone have any information on or experience with automounting the
NetView configuration and database directories under Solaris (2.5.1 and
2.6)?  I intend to make the mounts direct mount points and I don't believe
cachefs is running.

Placing them in the local mnttab works, though the local UNIX admins (and
myself for that matter) don't like it because should the network or server
be unavailable, that would cause the boot to hang for inordinately long
times.

Thanks much.

--
Michael Gutteridge                              mikeg@halcyon.com

"Better beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear."
  -Aesop, The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse