RE: web clients memory stats

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: web clients memory stats
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:44:07 -0500

Joel  is correct, of course, that the new web client takes more cpu than the old
one.  But  it is more stable and will take a lot fewer resources  than another X
GUI would via a telnet session.  I have no benchmarks that I can share but the
difference is in orders of magnitude -- 10 concurrent web clients are far less
costly than one additional X client.   And the heaviest usage in the web client
is events -- don't run the events display and you will use much less cpu, or so
I am told.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@usaa.com> on 03/07/2000 05:58:46 PM