RE: Using Print Tool

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Using Print Tool
From: Ebagley2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:55:06 EST
There are a couple of different ways of adding printers under Solaris.  You can
use lpc, which is included with the BSD Compatibility package, or lpadmin.

I see that the printers shown when I select Options -> Destination are the same
ones that show when I run 'lpstat -a'.  These printer definitions were added to
/etc/printers.conf when I used lpadmin.

I wonder if jetdirect uses lpc, included with the BSD compatibility package, to
configure printers instead of the lpadmin command.  You might want to try using
`/usr/ucb/lpc status all` to see if the printers show up.  If they do, my next
move would be to use lpadmin to (re)configure print services.  It looks to me
as though the actual printer commands used by NetView are specified in the
/usr/OV/bin/printtool file and not easily modified.

Just a couple of hunches,  (Anyone else?)
Elizabeth
Tivoli Education