Re: NWAYS Licenses

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NWAYS Licenses
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:47:36 -0500

In addition it is worth noting that, after the 60 days are up with V2.0,
even if it was a
failed installation that is tried again later, you will not be able to
re-install those try-buy
licenses. You can, however, put on the PTF that brings you to 2.1, which
fortunately
uses  a different license management tool. The PTF number is U468509. Get
it by
calling AIX support. They can ship it on CD overnight, if need be.

For these tricky licensing issues (as well as the latest wrinkles on
integrating the
Nways web stuff with the Netview web stuff - V5 anyway) I keep a bookmark
on
www.networking.ibm.com/support. Register for the forum. There is not a lot
of
traffic there, but what is there is really helpful.

Detroit

hi ziyad,
the 60 days time bomb licencs will be installed automatically. To
install the permanente license key use:  /var/ifor/i4nat -a -f
"your_path_toFile"/"license_file.ecf"

ziyad@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Hi there Forum,
> I know this is not the NWAYS froum, but there are a lot of NWAYS gurus on
> this forum. I have asked this question a lot of times, but I forget to
> write it down. Could one of the NWAYS gurus tell me how to set the
licenses
> for NWAYS Campus 2.0 for the 60 day time bomb and also to change the
number
> of nodes.. I think it begins with a ifor command..
>
> Rgds
>
> Ziyad Choudhury
> B 010 / 2D-03
> 522 South Rd.
> Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
>
> The TRUTH is out there, and all we have to do is CLICK on it.
> IBM Global Services
> E-Mail:: ZIYAD@US.IBM.COM
> Phone: ( 914) -433-1124
> Pager: 1-800-759-8352  Pin 1772452
> http://www.Skytel.com/Paging/pageme.cgi?pin=1772452,2

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With best regards

Stefan Schickling
Technical Consultant
m+s Elektronik AG

Tel.:   +49 6028 944 1578