Re: Daemons are not running...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Daemons are not running...
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 08:51:26 -0500

Those are the NetView/390 connection daemons.
Unless you have installed the NetView Service Point product and set it up to
communicate with an  MVS host running NetView/390, you have no need of those
daemons, and they will not start without the required software.

If you don't have this connection, then you should issue the commands
     ovdelobj  /usr/OV/lrf/spappld.lrf
     ovdelobj  /usr/OV/lrf/tralertd.lrf
to de-register these daemons.  I didn't think we were shipping NetView with then
registered anymore.  What version do you have?

If you do need that connection, then you have to have AIX SNA Communications
installed and Service Point, and have the SNA connection active before you start
these daemons

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Marcelo Pastre <mpastre@power.ufscar.br> on 03/15/2000 07:59:40 AM