Re: Can Nteview be inslallled on Linux

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Can Nteview be inslallled on Linux
From: Chris Cowan <chris.cowan@2nd-wave.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 09:57:02 -0600
zdror@il.ibm.com wrote:

> I see these comments nabout Linux ....
> Can NV6000 be installed  in Linux ?
> If yes ... what versions  of netview ?
>                doed frame work need  to be installed ?

The only way I could see this happening would be to install NT Netview
inside of VMWARE running on Linux.
In a nutshell, none of the supported UNIX ports are Intel/x86 based.
They're PowerPC, Sparc, or Alpha based!

There is 3.6.1 Framework support for the Redhat Linux as a TMA (LCF
endpoint), as well as DM, INV, SD, TEC adapters, and possibly UA (if my
memory serves me right).   There is presently NO support for Managed
Nodes.   (Although in reality there has been a ports running for quite
some time).