Re: Threshold rearm value

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Threshold rearm value
From: Rick_Reed@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:31:47 -0500

You have probably configured the "Rearm" value as "Percent", instead of
"Absolute"  ( 2 x .02 = .04 )
Check the Collection Details section and be sure you click on the "Absolute"
button.

Rick Reed
Tivoli Services

fratto@us.ibm.com on 03/29/2000 02:18:22 PM

To:   nv-l@tkg.com
cc:    (bcc: Rick Reed/Tivoli Systems)
Subject:  [NV-L] Threshold rearm value

 I have set up a MIB expression to kick off a threshold event if the
percentage of discarded packets is greater than 2%.  I have put the rearm
value at 2% if it drops below that point.. But this is what I see in the
event window for the rearm event.... where would the .04 be coming from
when I have configured the rearm value to be 2?

            D capacity_If_%discards 202 threshold rearmed (<=0.04): 0.03.
Sampled high of 24.72 at Tue Mar

Thanks for any help.