Re: Lost connection to the security server.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Lost connection to the security server.
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:44:54 -0500

Sounds like nvsecd is not running.  is it?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Steve Jordan <stevej@uic.edu> on 03/30/2000 03:19:45 PM

To:   nv-l@tkg.com
Subject:  [NV-L] Lost connection to the security server.

I am getting the following messages on my Netview 4.1 AIX system:
nvs_isClientAuthorized(): permission denied for "snmptrap".
 Lost connection to the security server.Retry your function or contact
your administrator. authorized=0, status=6.

What should I do?

Steve Jordan
stevej@uic.edu