NetView NT 6.0: Database Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView NT 6.0: Database Question
From: "Kiyonobu Inayama" <INAYAMA@jp.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 15:04:06 +0900

Hi all

I have a question about NetView NT when using MS Access (Jet Engine).

When we install NetView NT on NT 4.0 without SQL server,
it determines to use MS access (Jet engine) and creates *.mdb files in the
directory \usr\ov\databases\odbc.
In our environment , there are just two *.mdb files as following.
 snmpcollect_db.mdb
 tess_db.mdb
There is not topo2sql_db.mdb.

Then I have run topo2sql command to export topology database into access
database file but it fails.

Is the function of  exporting topology db into topo2sql_db.mdb supported  in
NetView NT 6.0?
Or is it just supported when using SQL server?
Does anyone know about this? I couldn't see informations in the user's guide.

Best regards.

Kiyonobu Inayama
IBM Japan Systems Engineering Co.,Ltd.
Tivoli Group Sys/NW Mgmt Systems