Re:Netview 6.0: checking ifOperStatus of a serial interface

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re:Netview 6.0: checking ifOperStatus of a serial interface
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 07:21:00 -0400

I've been working with V6 this week, and it appears to me that it
will drawn an unnumbered card for just about any interface that appears
in the MIB II Interface table for which there is no entry in the address
table.
And it did this without me coaxing it with entries in the seedfile.
Depending
on the routing table entries it may or may not be able to connect that
interface to something else, but I'm pretty sure it will at least draw the
card and maintain it's status via snmp.

Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

elig@bezeq.com@tkg.com on 04/18/2000 01:57:18 AM