Réf. : Root Cuase Ruleset

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Réf. : Root Cuase Ruleset
From: alexis.henry@bnpgroup.com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:22:45 +0200
I will say what Leslie said to me when i asked this question a few days ago: it
is very complicated.
In fact Netview V6 do it aone, without ruleset. If you have a look to "Examples
Using Netview for AIX V4" on IBM redbook (maybe tivoli redbook) you will see in
chapter 7, from page 188 to 194, a way to do it. But you need to download some
binaries to use the ruleset and i don't know if you can get it from the tivoli's
ftp site.

Good luck.

Alexis Henry
Banque Nationale de Paris

Alexis.Henry@bnpgroup.com

Keith Webster <kwebster@teksystems.com> on 18/04/2000 13:43:49

Veuillez répondre à IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>

Pour :    "NetView, Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on"
      <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>
cc :   (ccc : Alexis Henry/DOSI/BNP)
Objet :   [NV-L] Root Cuase Ruleset

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

L integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur Internet, les societes du
groupe BNP Paribas ne peuvent etre tenues responsables de son contenu.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire et
d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, companies
of the BNP Paribas group can not therefore be considered responsible for the
contents.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it
and notify the sender.
Does anyone on the list have any information or know where I can get
info on how to correlate events coming from a router that is down i.e.
node down and interface down and the devices behind it so that only the
router events (root cause) are displayed or alerted on and not the
devices behind the router that are actually still up.

I would like to eliminate the unnecessary events and alerts.

Thanks,
Keith Webster