Réf. : Netview Monitoring Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Réf. : Netview Monitoring Question
From: alexis.henry@bnpgroup.com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:16:34 +0200
Hi Mattew.

You have to use this formula if your interface is half duplex:

(ifInOctets + ifOutOctet)/(ifSpeed)*8*100. ifSpeed is bit whereas ifInoctet is
in octet, this is why you have to multiply by 8. This formula give you a result
as a percent.

If your interface is full duplex, you will have to monitor both in percent and
out percent, is it to say:

ifInOctets / ifSpeed *8 *100 and
ifOutOctet / ifSpeed *8 *100

and to set a threshold on both (for a value of 75).

I hope this would be helpfull.

Alexis Henry
Banque Nationale de Paris
Alexis.Henry@bnpgroup.com

Matthew Clayton <matthew.clayton@ENTERPRISEWORKS.com> on 18/04/2000 21:32:36

Veuillez répondre à IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>

Pour :    "Netview List (E-mail)" <NV-L@tkg.com>
cc :   (ccc : Alexis Henry/DOSI/BNP)
Objet :   [NV-L] Netview Monitoring Question

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

L integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur Internet, les societes du
groupe BNP Paribas ne peuvent etre tenues responsables de son contenu.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire et
d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, companies
of the BNP Paribas group can not therefore be considered responsible for the
contents.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it
and notify the sender.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello all!

I have a question. When setting up a monitor in Netview, my customer
wants to know when network utilization reaches 75%.
Let me know if I am correct. I was going to set it up to alert me when
the IfInOctet/IfOutOctet count reaches 7500000 for a 10Mb interface or
75000000 for a 100Mb interface. Even though I have the % button
selected, it still seems to need the actual count. Ami I just off my
rocker or is that actually the case? Is there a formula I should be
using instead?

Thanks in advance!
Matthew Clayton