Re:Icon Status Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re:Icon Status Question
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 23:44:40 -0400

I would go the the node submap (that's the level where the
existing interface card is) and use Edit..Add to add an object
there. Try using the Software application icon, just to avoid
getting any unwanted attributes that go along with the various
types of symbols, at first. Now look at it with Tools...Display
Object Info. You will see what the Selection Name is. That is
the name that you have to specify on the status trap. So if you
want to derive this Selection Name from an incoming trap,
look at the info you have in the trap and name these things
accordingly.  Using the Context Menu, Edit, Modify/Describe,
Symbol, look at the thing you made. The status source
should be symbol. Leave the status source of the device
itself alone (Compound). When your trap comes in, have
it execute an action (script is probably best) that generates
the status trap to set the status of the object you added. When
one of those  trunks goes down, set its symbol to critical, and
the parent object will turn yellow. Would that do?

Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

"Smith, Kristi" <Kristi_Smith@mentorg.com>@tkg.com on 04/19/2000 02:04:43
PM