Re: Variables in ARF

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Variables in ARF
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:32:45 -0500
W.M.de.Bruin@DNB.NL wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to create an ARF which will execute a script which asks for user input.
> In other words, I want to execute a homegrown script from the Menu bar which
> asks for input from the user.
>
> Is this possible, and if yes,  does anybody know how to accomplish this
> without
> the API´s?

There are at least two ways to do that.  One is to use Tk/Tcl as the program to
call.  Of course, you have to install this utility, and write code for it.
Another way is to fire off your script that will prompt for use input from
within
an xterm or aixterm by using the -e option to either.

You might also check out dtksh if you are using the CDE environment.  It can
provide the functionaliy of Tk/Tcl but it is already installed if you have CDE.

I noticed that one of the menu choices - Local Reports requires a dialog, you
might check out how that is done from it's ARF.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management