rexecd error

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: rexecd error
From: "Steve Stamper" <sstamper@foremost.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:50:25 -0400
I'm trying to install the nv6kagent on an older C-10 running 4.2.1.  I'm
using smit on my NetView 4.3.2 and get the following error:

   Continuing...
   Connecting and checking...
   rexecd: 0826-604 The login is not correct.
   Remote node or user password invalid.

I get the same error when I rexec from the command line.  I can rsh just
fine using the same root ID/password.  Any suggestions?

I know there WAS a command you could enter with the error numbers (in this
case 0826-604) that would give you more information.  Anyone point me that
direction?

Many Thanks
Steve Stamper
Grand Rapids, MI