Re: (NV5.1) - Netview Questions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: (NV5.1) - Netview Questions
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:07:23 -0400

(1) If your script runs in an action block rather than an in-line action blokc,
then it will have little effect on NetView performance.  Actions are run by
actionsvr and he spawns a new child for each of them, so they run in parallel if
need be. But you will have to decide, probably by testing it, whether this
results in too many actionsvr processes running on your box.  If you run in n
in-line action, that is a completely other matter, and car should be taken in
using  an in-line action.  To make nvcorrd wait for an external process such as
an SNMP response can have serious impact if it happens frequently.  But again,
your only option is to try it and see what happens.

(2) There is no such log of correlated events.  If you wish you can turn on
tracing with nvcdebug -d events (see the man page for your options) and see if
the  data you get in the nvcorrd.alog and .blog will serve that purpose.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Jose Roberto Antunes <antunes@telesc.com.br> on 04/26/2000 04:58:43 PM