Re: Nice stuff in V6

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Nice stuff in V6
From: SHANKS@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:55:04 -0400
1) Can the location.conf be created from an existing map?  I was
    wondering if I can then use the location.conf file on a new NetView
    system to get the same map recreated.

Location.conf is an ascii file and you build it.  There is no automatic build.
Once built, it will populate a new map or the
default map at discovery time.  So the answer is "yes".  If you have two boxes
running V6 on the same network, then the
location.conf you create on one can be migrated to the other and a new map will
use it.

2) Anybody running V6 with 20,000+ objects?  Any problems?

Verification routinely tests this.  20K objects is not a particularly large
installation.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Peter Cho <chop@tdbank.ca> on 04/28/2000 11:44:31 AM