RE: Discover problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Discover problem
From: Frantsen Christian <cf@internoc.se>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:47:54 +0200
haha that's a nice one =)

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Desai Daxesh (tel1dxd) [mailto:tel1dxd@ups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 8:29 PM
To: IBM NetView Discussion
Subject: RE: [NV-L] Discover problem

Dear Christian,
I had seen this problem in V6.0. If you go to Edit->Modify/Describe
map->map->select IP map->click on Configure for this map. Then change the
field "How should interface Label...." to IP Address. Then say ok ok, let it
sync. Now you will see IP address labeled to the interface. Go back to
describe/modify and this time change it to unset. After sync it will show
correctly with Interface lable.
This is only a work arround fix. I have opened PMR with Tivoli. Every time
you add a device the same thing happens. I will let you know as soon as I
hear back from them.

Daxesh Desai
United Parcel Service
ddesai@ups.com