RE: NetView 6 for NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: NetView 6 for NT
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 07:50:50 -0700
Peter,
There is one more option... if you're interested.  It is possible
to have one NetView NT system mimic an MLM (i.e. forward its traps
to another NetView NT system). There is a TCL script provided in
V6 that does this.

This allows you to use one NetView NT system as a toplevel manager,
and the other NetView NT systems as polling-systems... that do change
the status & color at the top-level system.  The top-level system
still has to perform its own configuration-checks at periodic intervals
(every 72 hours for us) though.

Its more expensive (even if you use the down-graded licensing),
but it does work.  Only state-changes get propogated.

Regards,

Gary Boyles, Intel