Re: AW: MLM floods NetView with interface up traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: AW: MLM floods NetView with interface up traps
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 17:06:57 -0400
--0__=BOkRIWgf4EchNdM3J30cJWl4t6M7rBysZ5ABG2wFiOjFpSHKnLDhntct

Perhaps you should open a problem to Support -

>>  additionally, every manual "demand poll" or "ping" causes netmon to generate
these events.
The code which did this in 5.1.2 was removed in 6.0 (and 5.1.3) I have verified
that.
So I don't see how this could be.   I no longer have a 6.0 vanilla system to try
it on, but it certainly is not the case that every demand poll or ping to an
already Up interface causes a new Interface Up, nor will a demand poll of  a
down one cause a new unnecessary down trap.

I haven't investigated the MLM issue with 6.0, but that was fixed for 5.1.3 as
well I am told, so if you are at 5.1.2, put the new one  on.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

FITZINGER Richard <richard.fitzinger@it-austria.com> on 05/10/2000 10:09:14 AM