Netview NT 60 client updates

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview NT 60 client updates
From: rlduff@uss.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:56:25 -0400

I am running 6.0 NT server/client. I am trying to figure out how changes
made on the server are pushed down to the clients.
I have made entries in our DNS for our router interfaces that netview
recognizes so that the labels reflect a location instead of an IP
address,and so our pager messages will give us this location instead of the
IP address. When I delete the object on the server, and it is rediscovered,
the label on the object changes to reflect the name, and also show up in
the lists when I use the submap explorer on the server. But I haven't been
able to get the changes reflected on the client(s). I was able to have it
happen by uninstalling and reinstalling a client, but there has to be a
better way?

thanks for any help,

duff