Re: Set objects to unmanage

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Set objects to unmanage
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:31:18 -0400

I don't know what it is you want to find in the database so I cannot quite
answer your question.  You can use ovobjprint to print the entire database and
grep for whatever you like.

"Unmanage" is an operation relative to a particular map.  You must have that
particular map open read-write in order to do it.  So the answer is ''no".
There is no command line interface to unmanage things.  I would instead try
creating a collect based on IP address for the nodes you want, and once that
collection is populated, unmanage that.  That will unmanage all the members and
their interfaces.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Thomas.Hans@citicorp.com on 05/31/2000 02:58:37 AM