RE: synchronizing DB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: synchronizing DB
From: Alek Barsky <abarsky@rci.rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:47:14 -0400
I started to experience similar problem since upgrading to 5.1.2.
I have "synchronization" message showing up very frequently on the NetView
map.
By itself it is not a big deal, but when on duty operator selects
node and then right-click to Edit -> Description
Description is grayed-out.
I had done all I know about this.
I mean ovtopofix -A and -a and -C as well.
I did reset_ci and ovmapcount. I exhausted all the options.
I even stopped the netmon with "ovstop netmon" and still the same problem!
Any advise will be very appreciated.
Thanks

Alek Barsky
Network Management Analyst