Re: strange Interface IP addresses.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: strange Interface IP addresses.
From: echevarria@es.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:02:35 +0200

Bernard,

     I'm not an expert on that, but I can give you a clue: AD means
Administratively Down. In order to ping that interface you could use
test..ping (as usual) and when you get the error message then delete "AD"
and push "start", if it has sense pinging a down interface.

Regards,
Juan.

Juan Echevarría López
AT&T Global Network Services