Re: Moving SmartSets from 1 box to another

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Moving SmartSets from 1 box to another
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:26:21 -0400

Ronnie -

The problem is that you cannot simply pipe or paste the results into the
command, you must alter the punctuation.  Please see the man page on the nvUtil
command.  There is an example of "nvUtil a" there.  Notice that you enclose the
parens in the rule within quotes, because the k shell will not accept them on
the command line otherwise.  Also, you do not specify  labels such as
"Collection: " or "Description" or "Rule" when using the 'a' option.  These
items are positional and you simply state them in the required order.  Enclosing
them quotes also will  help if they have spaces within them.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

ronnie.ross@springs.com on 06/20/2000 11:11:10 AM