RE: AW: Moving SmartSets from 1 box to another

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: AW: Moving SmartSets from 1 box to another
From: REIBENSCHUH Alfred <alfred.reibenschuh@it-austria.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:45:49 +0200
the "right daemon" would be "ovwdb"

good afternoon -- yours,

mfG. Alfred Reibenschuh
INFORMATIONSTECHNOLOGIE AUSTRIA GMBH
TELEKOMMUNIKATION
Networkmanagement
A-1020 Wien, Lassallestrasse 5
T: ++43-1-21717-58947
F: ++43-1-21717-58979
E: alfred.reibenschuh@it-austria.com

-----Original Message-----
From: ronnie.ross@springs.com [mailto:ronnie.ross@springs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 7:38 PM
To: IBM NetView Discussion
Subject: Re: AW: [NV-L] Moving SmartSets from 1 box to another

Ralph,
     That did work but when I ran the command colmaint -l on machine2 it
said it could not connect to database.  So I restarted the daemons and ran
the command.  It then worked, but it did not update the map.  I ran the
smit command to fix database problems and now the map is updated with the
smartsets.  If I had just restarted the right daemon instead of all of
them, when I started the GUI it probablly would have been there.

Ronnie Ross
Network Engineer

                    Schiffinger Ralph 2100

                    <Ralph.Schiffinger@ERS        To:     "'IBM NetView
Discussion'" <nv-l@tkg.com>
                    TEBANK.AT>                    cc:

                    Sent by:                      Subject:     AW: [NV-L]
Moving SmartSets from 1 box to another
                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com

                    06/20/00 10:48 AM

                    Please respond to IBM

                    NetView Discussion

Ronnie,

just run "colmaint -d" on machine1.
default output goes to /usr/OV/conf/collection.conf
copy this to machine2.
exit all GUI's, stop all daemons.
then run "colmaint -l" on machine2.
restart daemons, restart GUI - bingo.